If you are an elderly caregiver for a loved one, you likely are looking to provide the best possible care even when you can’t be there. If you live hours or states away, you may feel guilty about not being present to provide the caregiver support your family member may need. Even if you live nearby, you likely can’t be with your loved one all the time.
Remote caregiving services are an excellent way to support and care for your elderly loved one, even when you can’t be physically present.
What is remote caregiving?
“Remote caregiving” often refers to those situations where a caregiver lives more than an hour away from the person they are caring for. However, this definition has recently broadened to any caregiver who cannot frequently visit or easily access their loved one for any reason – whether because of their own health concerns, work, or family obligations.
“Caregiving” takes many different forms. It may include ensuring your loved one takes their medications, handling their bills, arranging their doctor’s appointments, and providing them a safe place to live. Caregiving changes over time, so remote caregivers need effective caregiver services to help navigate these ever-changing concerns.
How does GoGoGrandparent help with remote caregiving?
GoGoGrandparent is the ultimate platform for remote caregiving. Currently, GoGo offers five key services that enable older adults and people with disabilities to have freedom and control over their lives while giving caregivers peace of mind about the care for their loved ones.
With GoGo Rides, your loved one can take safe, reliable trips with vetted drivers. They can go wherever they like at any time of day with just a quick phone call. With the Family Dashboard, caregivers can track their loved one’s rides in real-time, schedule rides for their loved one, and pay for some or all of their trips.
GoGo Groceries is one of our most popular services. Your loved one can order their groceries over the phone and have them delivered right to their doorstep. We’ll even save their grocery lists for next time. Caregivers can see, schedule, and pay for these deliveries right through our Family Dashboard, ensuring your loved one always has high-quality food stocked.
Does your family member dislike cooking? Or maybe they want a takeout treat every once in a while? With our Gourmet service, you can send takeout right to your loved one’s house. Best yet, our GoGo Guardians are working behind the scenes to monitor their order to help meet dietary restrictions and ensure the meal arrives hot.
Make sure your parent never is without their medication with GoGoGrandparent’s prescription services. Your parent can get prescriptions delivered right to their door from their local pharmacy. Caregivers love this option because they can schedule and control these deliveries so their loved ones never forget or miss a day.
GoGo Home Services
Our GoGoGuardians vet thousands of homecare professionals to ensure the people invited into your parent’s home are professional, reliable, and kind. With GoGo’s Home services, you and your loved one can schedule landscapers, housekeepers, caregivers, pet sitters, hair stylists, handymen, dog walkers, and so much more.
GoGo makes remote caregiving easier than ever
GoGoGrandparent’s mission is to provide caregiver support. With our Family Features dashboard and app, you can schedule rides, groceries and takeout delivery, prescription delivery, and home maintenance services – all with the peace of mind that you and our GoGoGuardians are watching out for your loved one, even from afar.
Remote caregiving tips
What are some ways you can make remote caregiving less stressful?
- Coordinate with everyone on your loved one’s caregiving team. For example, suppose you and other family members coordinate caring for an elderly parent. You’ll want open communication about scheduling, assigning duties, caregiver support, and using remote caregiver services like GoGoGrandparent.
- If you are concerned about your parent’s social life, consider moving them to an independent living facility or assisted living facility.
- Hire professional healthcare services if your loved one requires medical assistance. A home health aide or nursing home may be the right choice if you don’t feel you can adequately provide for your parent’s needs through remote caregiving.
- Create a list of emergency contacts who live near your parent. Keep a list of the phone numbers of their friends, neighbors, and doctors who can arrive quickly to your parent’s house or hospital if there is an emergency.
- Check in with your parent frequently. Ask how they are feeling about the new caregiving plan. Find lifestyle areas where they are still struggling, and brainstorm new ways to better address their needs. These conversations will keep you abreast of how they are doing and will strengthen your relationship because they will appreciate the level of concern you’re showing.
- Address safety issues in their home. The next time you are at your parent’s house, take some time to ensure there are no safety or health hazards. This will give you peace of mind knowing they have a reduced risk of falls and injury. Check out these 12 easy, inexpensive home modifications to make their home safer.
- Along with GoGoGrandparent, consider other forms of technology that aid in remote caregiving. For example, you may want to set your parent up with medication management technology that alerts them when it’s time to take a pill (and sends you an alert if they forgot a pill).
- Seek out caregiver support groups. It can be challenging to handle the daily stressors of caregiving, especially the emotions related to remote caregiving. Finding a group or friend in a similar boat can help you regulate your feelings, maintain a healthy life balance, and stay positive for your loved one.
If you are a remote caregiver, you need GoGoGrandparent on your caregiving team. GoGo allows your loved ones to maintain their independence while giving you the peace of mind that they’re cared for every step of the way. Register with GoGoGrandparent now to see for yourself why thousands of caregivers rely on GoGoGrandparent’s remote caregiving services.