Food prep can be exhausting. Between grocery shopping, meal-prepping, cooking, and clean-up, an entire chunk of your day is eaten up… by eating. That’s why a lot of seniors are looking towards meal prep services and healthy meal delivery as a time-saving and convenient option.
In this article, we’ll look at the best ways for seniors to get assistance with grocery shopping. Grocery delivery like Instacart and takeout meal delivery from local restaurants are two of the common options out there, but GoGoGrandparent’s Grocery and Gourmet are quickly becoming the premier choice for adults looking for the best of both worlds for healthy meal delivery options.
Grocery delivery (like Instacart)
Grocery delivery can be helpful for seniors who enjoy meal prepping and cooking but don’t want to go grocery shopping in person.
Some of the popular grocery delivery options that deliver right to your door are Instacart and Amazon Fresh. With these services, you can order from your favorite local stores, and freelance grocery shoppers will do your grocery shopping for you. The shopper will then deliver your order right to your front door. Instacart has a lot of local grocery store options as well as other frequently used stores like Walmart, Costco, or CVS. Amazon Fresh is similar, but they employ their own grocery shoppers and deliverers specifically through their Amazon Fresh pantry.
However, there are a few downsides to grocery delivery through Instacart or Amazon Fresh.
- They don’t offer any meal prepping or meal planning options.
- They don’t offer prepared meals for delivery.
- These services can be on the pricier side with monthly and per-order costs.
- If something is out of stock, they will not include it in your order. This can be a huge concern if that item is critical to your health, your diet plan, or your meal plan for the week.
- These services can be unreliable. Your delivery time may be changed, and you have no control over it.
Takeout meal delivery for seniors
On the flip side, if you prefer not to cook, you might like delivered dinners to your door. Services like Uber Eats and Doordash allow you to order takeout from your favorite local restaurants. Restaurant meal delivery for seniors is a popular option because you get access to yummy, pre-made meals without having to cook. This saves time, money, and energy, so you can focus on other things that are more important to you.
There’s one major concern with takeout and prepared meals for delivery. They can be unhealthy and not meet your dietary restrictions. If you’re allergic to milk or nuts, for example, you’re taking a risk when you order from a restaurant that there might be milk or nuts in their preparations. This could, in some cases, be a life-threatening issue. At the very least, you might get a stomach ache or miss out on key nutrients that are part of your diet plan.
GoGo grocery and meal prep
Most adults want both: they want fresh groceries stocked in their fridge and they want access to delicious, healthy meal delivery and premade delivered dinners. You want the option to make your own food or to order out, and you want to know that you’ll get consistent service every time. That’s where GoGo does food delivery differently.
GoGoGrandparent makes both grocery delivery and meal delivery easy, reliable, and convenient.
Why people choose GoGo Groceries:
- Groceries are delivered right to your door without worrying if the driver can find the right house. (Our GoGoGuardians help the delivery person find their way.)
- You can get groceries within a few hours, or you can schedule grocery deliveries in advance.
- You have access to tons of grocery stores in your area.
- We partner with Instacart, Walmart, and other major retailers to leverage their workforce.
- GoGoGuardians ensure seamless delivery. We communicate with your shopper, find the best alternatives if something is out of stock, and keep you informed about your delivery from start to finish.
- You can save your shopping lists for next time and even schedule ongoing, consistent grocery deliveries as frequently as you’d like.
- GoGo can even help you prepare your shopping list with our meal prep services, so you can make sure you are buying all the food you need (and nothing you don’t need) for a week of healthy, home-cooked meals.
- If you’d like to tip your delivery driver, you can tip over the phone or in cash. Traditional grocery delivery services don’t allow this.
- We offer a call-in phone option rather than an app or website.
- Learn more about GoGo’s grocery delivery here.
What are the benefits of GoGo Gourmet for healthy meal delivery?
- You can order delivered dinners from hundreds of chains and local restaurants in your area.
- Our team ensures your food is made according to your dietary preferences and restrictions. If you’re allergic to milk, you don’t have to worry that the restaurant will use milk. Our GoGoGuardians go the extra mile to communicate with restaurants to make sure your dietary restrictions and nutritional needs are met.
- We track your delivered dinners to make sure it is delivered right to your door, fresh and hot.
- You can call us directly to place an order, and we will work with the restaurant to ensure fast and healthy prepared meals that will make your taste buds happy.
- Click here to check out GoGo Gourmet’s healthy prepared meals for delivery.
Best yet, GoGo is a “one-stop-shop” for both grocery and meal delivery for seniors. You simply call us toll-free at 1 (855) 464-6872 and press 7 for meal delivery or press 8 for groceries. Or if you want to go grocery shopping yourself, you can always catch a ride with GoGo’s ride services by calling and pressing 1.
Whatever your preferred way to get food, whether it’s grocery delivery or healthy prepared meals, GoGoGrandparent is your go-to for consistent service and personalized meal delivery for seniors. Register with GoGoGrandparent now to start ordering groceries and food, so you can see just how easy it is.