GoGoGrandparent is pleased to announce a new public-private partnership to provide independence and mobility to older adults residing in the northern New Jersey towns of Chatham Borough, Chatham Township and Madison.
As highlighted in the local paper, rides will cost seniors $3–5 with the remainder being paid by a local public-private consortium, Tri-Town 55+.
According to the local champion, “the objective is to reach seniors who no longer drive or do not drive at night, so they may get to medical appointments, run errands or attend performances. ‘People who don’t drive become more and more isolated,’ he noted.”
The service will provide rides 24 hours a day, seven days a week to an area covering Morristown, Florham Park, Summit, Berkeley Heights, New Providence and Millburn. That includes three major local hospitals as well as the Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown and the Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn.
Riders will have access to the full suite of GoGoGrandparent services including:
- Get a ride 24/7 with a simple phone call
- Driver usually arrives within 15 minutes — no pre-scheduling required
- No smartphone or app required
- Speak with a helpful operator anytime
- Text message ride updates to caregivers included at no additional cost